Students compete in:
- Sales Demonstrations
- Employment Interviews
- Role Play Business Scenarios
- Professional Selling Presentations
- Project Management Events
- School-Based Enterprise
- Prepared Business Plan Papers and Presentations
We run our own business, the Mounds View DECA Store, as high school students. We pick the merchandise, set the prices, run the marketing campaigns, and analyze the data to make decisions. We do it all, and we are good at it!
- Ranked # 1 DECA (2020) & #4 (2022) Retail SBE (school-based enterprise) in the state of MN
- Gold-Level Certified for 7 straight years
DECA’s scholarship program provides over $300,000 in scholarships to high school and college DECA members at the International Career Development Conference (ICDC) each year. Many corporate partners of DECA provide scholarships through the DECA scholarship program. DECA Inc. administers the program based on guidelines set by the donor. DECA scholarships are strictly merit based.
The inner four points of the DECA Diamond represent the guiding principles which address the purpose of DECA’s comprehensive learning program:
-Integrates into Classroom Instruction
-Connects to Business
The outer four points of the DECA Diamond address the results of DECA’s comprehensive learning program. DECA prepares the next generation to be: